Live Trivia & Bingo in Florida & Corporate Events
Here's your team's advantage to tonight's game. One trivia question will be asked about this category so study up!!
Gator Dockside Trivia Challenge / BOW is Announced!!
Congratulations to the Battle of Wits Champs!!
1st Place - Loomatics
2nd Place - Aberdeen
3rd Place - Chuggernauts
Thank you to Gators and all the trivia teams for another great event!!
Check out our facebook page for pictures!
Know Your Trivia for Week of 7/17/17 - The original Planet of the Apes
We hear War for the Planet of the Apes is amazing! Here are some fun facts about the original that started the whole thing!
Although the film's apes lived in a relatively primitive society, the apes in the book were civilized, living in a futuristic society with cars, helicopters and aircraft all super-sized for apes. For the film, the idea of civilised apes was deemed to expensive, and the decision was made to create a relatively primitive society for the apes
• Actor Charlton Heston committed to the film within an hour of hearing the pitch, on 5 June 1965. Before Charlton Heston signed to play the hero, John Wayne was among those considered by the producers
• Heston and Jacobs were laughed out of almost every studio in Hollywood before 20th Century Fox embraced the idea of a movie which reversed the roles of humans and apes
• When the time came to make the movie, Edward G Robinson decided not to play Dr Zaius because he found the make-up too gruelling; instead, actor Maurice Evans took the part
• Planet of the Apes was filmed almost entirely on location in the Arizona desert, in the middle of summer, with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees making the costumes and make-up even more excruciating to wear
• The famous courtroom scene was inspired by a 1920's court case in which a Tennessee schoolteacher was arrested for teaching Darwin's theory of evolution, a case which later became the classic film Inherit the Wind
• Actress Kim Hunter (Zira) spent so long in ape make-up that Charlton Heston did not recognise her when, after several months of filming, he saw her out of make-up for the first time
• McDowall and Hunter researched their roles by observing the chimpanzees at Los Angeles Zoo
• The film had the largest make-up budget in Hollywood history, exceeding $1 million – more than one sixth of the entire budget
• Breaking box office records in New York , Los Angeles and London ,Planet of the Apes was 20th Century Fox's highest-grossing and most profitable film of 1968. The film was widely acclaimed by critics, with Variety setting the tone on 1 February 1968 with a long review which began with the words ‘ Planet of the Apes is an amazing film”
• In 2001, Mark Wahlberg, Tim Roth and Estella Warren were among the stars of a big-budget “re-imagining” of Planet of the Apes , directed by Tim Burton
• Planet of the Apes is also the subject of the most popular joke in Internethistory, as veteran astronaut John Glenn's return to space in 1998, provoking the suggestion that everyone should dress in ape costumes when he returned to Earth